Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Kind and Loving Savior

This was the next portrait I attempted.  There is a photograph of the man who plays the Savior from the LDS bible videos that I just love. I had the thought to go ahead and try to paint it not really expecting much of it, I just wanted to give it a shot, so I just used a small 8x10 canvas first. I was pleased with the first draft so I made a larger version at a 16x20 size.
It brought me such joy as I painted our Savior.  The thing that stood out to me in the photograph that I tried to portray in the painting was the kindness in his eyes.  I hope I captured that. 




Kind and Loving Savior (2014; oil on canvas, 16x20) by Sarah Hatch

2 comments:

  1. You most definitely captured the kindness in his eyes. Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I feel like most paintings of the Savior don't capture the love in his eyes very well but this painting of him is just perfect that way!

    ReplyDelete