Monday, June 9, 2014

Lilies



Lilies  (oil on canvas, 8x25) by Sarah Hatch

I am excited to finally share some of my ART!  I graduated in 2007 with my Bachelors Degree in Art from Weber State University. My favorite medium had been oil painting until I got pregnant with my firstborn, then I tried to work in acrylic (a lot less stinky harmful chemicals).  Acrylics never felt right to me though.  These last 6 years have been spent having and raising my 3 beautiful children and running the photography business on the side.  Oil painting got shoved into the back burner and I only pulled out this painting once or twice a year.
There was something missing in my life and I didn't realize what it was until about 6 months ago. I had been talking to someone whose counsel I really valued and she really encouraged me that even if I was tired, if the dishes were piled high, if the house was a mess, to just pull out my painting at night. She told me to let go of the worries about of all the stuff I had to do and to just enjoy this thing that I love. She said that I would actually gain more energy in the long run by doing this. A few different people had been encouraging me to work in my art again too. All of these people were definitely sent to me by God.  I needed this art back in my life, it has been so wonderful to create again. And she was right, I did gain more energy by doing it. Painting is a part of me, it speaks to my soul.
So, after long last I finally finished this painting and several others are either finished as well or in the works. In the days to come, I will be posting pictures of more of my paintings, so stay tuned for those.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. What you said just hit me hard..... I need to get back into cross stitching. It does the same for me that painting does for you. I needed to hear this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that Ellen! Thanks for telling me that!

    ReplyDelete